Friday, August 7, 2009

Fri: Frankly My Favorite Gift


Many years ago my husband gave me a pair of red handled loppers for my birthday.
He spared no cost, for which I'm grateful. They're one of my favorite things. Not only do I feel powerful with them, I can accomplish so much.

Useful year round they help with rose bushes, fruit trees, wayward branches that are pruned every spring. Summer mowing requires my loppers to trim back low bush growth, aggressive Mormon Tea vine and neighbors mangy trees. During the fall I'm out there cleaning out the dead, diseased wood and despicable weeds for winter with those red handles at my side. Resting for winter, unless a broken branch needs help, then it's me & Red to the rescue.

Disposal is a bit of a problem with the jungle of greenery my lops create. Night time checks on the neighborhood trash cans 'Garbage Day Eve' help me dispose of most of it. The rest gets shoved into several big bins until the next opportunity to dive them into a green waste dumpster.

Thank you for people size trash cans & those amazing red loppers.

1 comment:

  1. Troy and I recently borrowed two pairs of loppers from his parent. One worked great, the other was useless. After Troy examined them he said, "These (the good pair) have a three bar linkage. That is why they work so well." (I'm married to such a nerd). I only relate that because your loppers look to have a three bar linkage as well. Thank heavens for the smart person who designed them. It sure does make life easier.

    ReplyDelete