Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tooth Tales & Smiles


I love beautiful teeth and smiles that go with them. I notice people’s teeth instantly, are they straight, crooked, white, braces, stained, even, etc. My small crowded mouth is full of crowns & fillings costing me thousands over the years. The alternative is a soft food’s diet, I’m much too young for.

In my twenties I called a fellow employee I’d gotten too chummy with, “Zit face!” She smartly remarked, “Crooked teeth!” I’m sure her zits are gone, but I still have crooked teeth. An orthodontist said it wasn’t worth wearing braces for twenty years, to fix the few good teeth I had left.

I thank Dr Hardvigsen every day for introducing me to floss. It was the day he filled a molar with a yard of cement. Since then floss has been my best friend. Without it, I’d have dentures by now, just like my dad & all his siblings.

When I had a toothache this week, dollar signs appeared as I looked in the mirror to determine which one was giving me trouble. Dental insurance changes required a new dentist, who came highly recommended & I liked him. It was music to my ears, when he said, ‘No cavities!’ Yeah!! A few sensitive teeth were slathered in goop & hopefully will solve my problem, at least for now.

Morale of the story: Brush often, floss regularly & watch your sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment