Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thur: Thirty-three Hours to Go


I have a dinner party tomorrow night with three couples coming. There's so much to do before they arrive. The menu's still up in the air & I only have to make the entre. How easy is that? My lofty ideas often get me into these tight situations. It's usually when I'm feeling optimistic these decisions are made & invites sent out. When the event looms overhead, jumping ship is contemplated. Is that a headache coming on?
This is what's done:
Fridge cleaned (What a job!) -check
Why do we never notice how bad it is until guests are coming?
Napkins bought -check
Decorating done -check
Cob webs removed -check

Here's what I still need to do:
Clean kitchen, desk & bathroom
Haul junk to another room (or toss)
Sweep porch
Decide on paper, plastic or china
Set up the table (fancy or plain)
Centerpiece & such
Menu (casual or gourmet)
What to drink
Buy food & supplies

Every unsightly detail of our home seems to pop out when someone is expected. The rest of the time, nothing phases me. Maybe we'll eat in the refrigerator. After the party is over, I'm glad to have been hostess, but the journey can be stressful.
It will be lots of fun & laughter with sentiments to 'do more often', but in the meantime, not feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment