Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tue: Tongue Tied


My tongue has a canker the size of Mt. McKinley on the very tip. It's done wonders to curb my appetite for candy, nuts, snack type & all acidic foods. Weight loss would be a positive result of having these 'aphthous ulcers'. There annoying painful shallow irritations in the mouth that afflict many Americans each year lasting about five days.

It all started when my mouth was open all night, as I slumbered deeply after taking a sleeping pill. Allan was driven from the bed about 1am while I snored away. The tongue was dryer than the Mohave Desert the next day. Since then I've consumed more water trying to rehydrate than Lake Mead.

This malady has forced me to breathe through my nose more. I'm a chronic mouth inhaler, so its a good thing. Instead of cleaning my teeth & flapping around all day, my tongue's been in a holding pattern to prevent bumping & hurting it more. What else could have caused this ailment? Stress, food, trauma, dental changes & more can cause the sores. Women are more likely to get them (probably because we talk more).

Talking is difficult with my new lisp so I avoid it as much as possible. Allan loves it. Only a few more days of misery, diet & quiet, I hope.

Moral of the story: Keep you mouth shut!

No comments:

Post a Comment