Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed: Where There's A Will, There's a Way


I used to be petrified of escalators, cried while grabbing the moving rubber railing & froze at the entrance afraid my feet would be chewed up. That never happened & gradually I overcame the fear. It's surprising the things we imagine or fear as children. After growing up we even chide ourselves & discover along the way, that 'where there's a will there's a way'.

Many have a fear of speaking in public, heights, falling, snakes & more. Taking a speech class in high school helped me overcome a public speaking anxiety. Staring down a fear with strength & courage is really a great, accomplished feeling.

Putting our faith in the Lord is a major step forward in facing our fears. Ether 12: 27 says, 'And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.'

Mauri & Aaron spoke in Church on Valentine's Day & did a great job. Together they found out how good it feels to face fear, put their trust in the Lord and speak to a congregation. I was proud they talked the entire time. Mauri took 10 minutes & Aaron 30. They told about love, neighbors & the blessings of being members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This proves 'our will' is stronger than 'fear' when we find a way.

We can 'Do It!' & it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment