Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thur: Thriving on Thrifty


My son-in-laws all think (on second thought, they know!) I'm thrifty. I have to agree with them. The current economic crisis forces us to tighten our belts & we respond. That doesn't mean we have to sit home & watch TV. We can still shop, go to lunch & movies, too. What satisfaction we get when we meet these needs for pennies on the dollar. It makes you feeeel so good.

Ikea treated the grandkids to a free lunch on Presidents Day. The $.75 Monday Movies provided Planet 51 laughs. Free ice skating helped Brayle & Hunter decide if they want to prepare for the 2020 Olympics. Yes, Aaron, I'm cheap & smart,too. You could say I saved $35 ($10 on lunch, $15.75 @the movies & $9.25 skating). With that $35 I could get gas, groceries or buy your birthday present.

That's one way I stretch my dollars. Go to One Cheap Chick & find more bargains: http://blogs.sltrib.com/cheap

A stop at the DI netted 10 pieces of Naturewood dishes made by Pfaltzgraff. On the website they sell for $7.99 each. I paid $.50 per item. Yes, I could have spent my money on pop, pork or pretzels, but that's the beauty of freedom. We can buy what we want. I'm giving away my Corelle bowls. Would anyone like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment