Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thur: Thermostat Theory


With nineteen days of winter to go, I still have yet to program my thermostat to turn on, off or both according to plan. Instead, I prefer to do it manually. If I forget, our gauge stays at the 63' setting until a chill runs up my back or we have company coming. Wouldn't want others to know our home temperature is similar to Antarctica's. Allan is very wise not touch the dial. Although he has my verbal approval.

This is how I keep our equal pay for a two furnace home at $39. A year ago some scuttlebutt was on the news about Questar Gas under charging some residents. For four months the bill shot up to $121, which I paid without complaint. After recovering their losses, the original amount was restored. If the government, banks & debtors could run on that premise, how nice it would be.

Soon I won't even need to adjust the thermostat. With Spring a few weeks away,
the snow & cold will be forgotten until the end of the year. Thanks, Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment