Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tue: 'Til all my works reflect thy goodness.'


Our works do reflect the intent of our hearts. It takes a willing mind & motivation to move us out of our complacency from wanting & intending, to doing good.
The world is full of 'I should haves'.

The last verse to "Write Thy Name Upon My Heart' by Sally Deford, talks about service.

"Grant me strength to serve thee well.
Light my spirit with thy grace.
‘Til all my works reflect thy goodness.
‘Til all my labors sing thy praise.
Endow my soul with loving kindness.
Make me even as thou art.
Engrave thine image in my countenance.
Write thy name upon my heart."

Have you noticed that even when you think you have no more to give, if a friend cries out to you.....you will find the strength to help?

Sometimes serving others lands in our lap. A just out of the oven batch of goodies or bread gives us the desire, to share. Do you have extra time available? Visit the sick or elderly. If flowers are on sale, make several arrangements & take to those whose hands hang down.

Rick Warren of 'A Purpose Driven Life' said, "I may live 60 to 100 years on earth, but I am going to spend trillions of years in eternity. This is the warm-up act - the dress rehearsal. God wants us to practice on earth what we will do forever in eternity.." & "One of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others."

Everyone wins when we forget ourselves in the service of others. Without much effort His name & image become part of us. We can write His name on our hearts every day of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment