Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wed: Write Thy Name Upon My Heart


With Easter fast approaching, it's time to contemplate the atonement of the Savior.
It can be difficult being 'At one with Jesus' in thought & attitude. In this world of making another buck & getting ahead, how do we submerse our lives with Him?

'Always remember me' isn't the easiest thing to keep in mind. 'Take His name upon you' is forgotten in the heat of the moment. How do we prepare for Christ?

The words to the song, 'Write Thy Name Upon My Heart' by Sally Deford, shows specific ways to help us draw near to Him. We really do try to make changes for the better. There is a compassionate, loving soul within us. We need more than a desire to imprint His name on our hearts though. Memorizing scripture verses, touching words to music & quotes help us feel & visualize ways to be more like Him.

"Write thy name upon my heart
Jesus, Savior of mankind.
Teach me charity unfailing.
Teach me compassion Lord like thine.
Endow my soul, with loving kindness.
Make me even as thou art.
Engrave thine image in my countenance.
Write thy name upon my heart."

Copy this first of three verses. Carry it around with you. Read each line over & over, while trying to incorporate the gentle words in your daily life. Imagine writing 'Jesus, Savior' in your best penmanship literally on your heart. It will become easier to find ways show charity & compassion?

While standing in an eternal check-out line yesterday, a boy asked if I would let him in ahead of me, because he had 1 item. I promptly said, No! I had waited for the 400 items the shopper ahead of me (15 items or less counter) had, was my reply. Coming to my senses I switched gears & apologized, then had to nearly beg him to get in front of me. What courage it takes to ask a stranger for help. I felt much better about the situation.

To listen to or get the music go to defordmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment