Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tues: Take It, Don't Leave It


Where was my mind last week when I was shopping? Have you ever been chased out of the store by the clerk carrying the bags you left on the counter or arrived home empty handed? It's maddening to have to return & claim your goods.

I was so excited about using my $5 gift card, $3.10 in coupons & the $2 rebate after buying some things at Rite Aid, that I walked off without my purchases.
The next day when I needed the shaving cream I'd bought & couldn't find it anywhere, I decided it must be at the store. The employee on the phone identified my items & said he'd hold them until I made it back. Mine wasn't the only bag on the shelf waiting for its owner.

Why is it our minds zone out at the tiniest distraction? We forget the task at hand. Often I've had to remind myself over & over, so as not to forget to do or say something. Minutes later it's out of sight out of mind.

Perhaps we should strap it to our backs, then we won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment