Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wed: Wayward Weekend

'Choose the Right' that's my motto unless rebellion sets in, which it did this past weekend. Two movies: Bad Boys II (toned down for TV) & School for Scoundrels (not rated)on dvd took my mind from nice gal to smart alec real quick. This set the stage for gossiping about the absent relatives, to everyone I encountered at the family reception.

Although I fasted for the people of Chile to get help, not once did I contemplate their state or how to assist them. During the Sacrament, my mind was full of worldly thoughts, humility & bearing my testimony was out of the question. My 'I want my mama' nursery job was burdensome. I considered quiting while the kids cried.

I've made a rule of not reading my current book of the week on Sunday, spending my time in the scriptures, Ensign or upcoming lessons. Undaunted by Gerald Lund is like a church book I convinced myself, after finishing off 50 pages; but didn't feel inspired by it. Negative & not nice thoughts climbed the growing pyramid of anger in my mind, after yielding to temptations so readily.

No wonder I awoke at 12:50 am with a splitting headache. I quickly decided the Jackpot type weekend wasn't the answer to peace. How would the week proceed with no spirituality in my heart? Getting on my knees, I asked the Lord to forgive my faulty ways, pleading Him to continue to remind me to 'stay the course' when tempted to stray. We are both working on it. I appreciate He proves that each one of us is more precious than gold, through the Atonement freely offered to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment