Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tues: Tour de Enhance


My friend, Lynette & hubby are at the Tour de France this week. Yeah, I'm jealous but someday I'll go. In honor of the event here's how we can use it to our advantage.

It's super hard to look our best 24/7, impossible really. Some women wear their makeup to bed & get up b4 their hubbies to put it on, thus never seen without it. Like I care what 'he' thinks. There's no excuse for not 'enhancing' each day, though. Until recently I 'fixed up' every morning & didn't do it again until the next day. Sure, I noticed my lips were washed out, face looked plain & 'where were my eyes' before the day's end, but once daily was all she got.

Shirlene, a classic beauty of a friend, always freshens whenever she goes out. I noticed how nice she always looked, whenever we'd go visiting or if I just stopped by unannounced. She'd say, "I have to put some lipstick on." I'd wait patiently thinking, 'go as you are, you look great.' She wanted to look super, however, & she did! I felt like the beast with this beauty.

I began to pack lipstick with me & started putting it on during the day. I'd check the mirror more often & tried to 'enhance'. Thus began my own 'tour de enhance'. I got contacs, did my hair more often, painted my toe nails, freshened before going out in the evening etc. I can even put on lipstick now without a mirror.

I'll never win any beauty or bike contests, but lipstick will be close by when we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment