Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wed: Worry Wart to Worry Free




It started last night, when I awoke at 12:50 a.m. & began to worry about what to fix for my book group tonight. After going back & forth between apple cake or trifle, cider or water, supplies I did & didn’t have for the recipes, I moved on to Thursday’s needs. In a short time Christmas arrived on the scene, as I dove into another set of worries to wart about.

Time and again I tried to change my thought pattern to Christ or peaceful things, but within seconds jumped back on the ‘hash & re-hash Merry-go-round of life’. A week’s worth of worries in 2 hours was enough for me.

After praying for help, I packed up Wednesday’s troubles & mentally put them in a box by the door. Thursdays went in another one next to them. Bundling up the rest of my stresses, I threw them in a pile down the hall. My mind was free to contemplate the Savior and His life. Peace sent me off to ‘lala’ land.

When I awoke I picked up Wednesday’s jobs, transformed into a ’can do’ package. They were waiting for me at the door & left the others for later. That is how to go from Worry Wart to Worry Free in ten minutes or less. Be sure to leave a container by the door.

See you at book club. It’s “Three Cups of Tea” by Greg Mortenson, a great read about how one person can make a difference in the world through service.

No comments:

Post a Comment