Saturday, January 10, 2009

Full Moon Thru My Window


I take notice when the moon waxes to its full potential and wait for it to rise each night. Friday January 9, was a snowy cloud covered day, and I worried a glimpse of the white ball would not happen. Miraculously, about 4 pm the eastern sky began to clear. What a treat to see the near full moon rise above the mountains as I looked out my east facing office window at work, then to drove home in it's glow.

I often step out my front door, to checked on it a few times each evening, but got busy and forgot. The rooster in my head woke me up at 4 a.m. so I bedded down on the sofa to finish off the night. At 6:15 I was awakened and instantly thought about the moon wondering if it had set. Sitting up and turning toward my northside west facing window there was the moon calling to me. "Come out and play!" I said, "Okay!" I have never seen it from this spot in my house before and was touched by it's beauty.

Pulling on my winter wear and grabbing the camara, I met my friend just in time for a stroll down the wintry road before he went to bed. I thanked him for shining through my window twice this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment