Monday, January 26, 2009

Memories on a Monday Morning-Much About Money


I’ve been reading the Jan 5, 2009, issue of Newsweek, detailing the downturn in the economy last year, what happened and the new global elite 'top 50 players in the world'. Some names I’ve never heard of. Others such as Obama, Oprah, Buffett, Pelosi, Putin, Petraeus and the Clintons are household names to many of us. World leaders, bankers and CEO’s are also profiled in this publication. I am amazed at how little I know about them and the route the world has taken this past decade. Money is about amassing it, losing it or saving it.

What’s my part in all of this, a peon American citizen trying to understand it while surviving? How do I stay afloat, save for retirement, pay my bills and keep my job? I have to be conservative, no buying on credit & trust in the Lord. With faith & creativity I’ve been able to make my money go further by avoiding impulse buying, paying tithing first and selling some unwanted items on KSL.com. Passing up good deals that I don’t really need, helps to save the little I do have.

Although I am disappointed in the stock market, the banking industry & government, I can still see the beauty in life. Try to only buy what you need & pay for it when you do. There is so much more to it than possessions. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. I will remember what you have said. I enjoy reading your thoughts. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete