Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thirsty Thursday-As A Ma'am Thinketh


I feel and think I look as if I’m in my twenties. Oh yeah, right. I really do. The changes are so subtle that my loyal mirrors never let on that gravity is getting the best of me. Going gray at a young age, just like mom, has resulted in being on the bottle (hair color) for years. When should I quit? My hair dresser says, not for ten years at least. So when I go too long between visits, I refer to my hair as snow on the mountain.

Contac’s worn since age twelve have been replaced with glasses (bifocals). Oh, that I could afford laser vision surgery, but alas, it's not to be at least not for awhile.

Five times per week exercise has kept the body in decent shape, but not good enough to ride Slick Rock in Moab, anymore. Okay, so I broke my wrist the one time I did try it and also when I attempted rollerblading. No longer a candidate for ‘American Idol’ or ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ (okay, I never was), I still love to snowshoe, jog, hike and take the stairs.

This is why I was irritated (shocked is more like it) at my husband when he stated a high school friend we recently saw looked old. ‘You are looking good’ was my opinion of her. I reasoned if she appeared aged, I must get the same reaction to alma mater pals. Dang! I pointed out to hubby, that he should talk, with his day old growth, mostly down the drain hair and ‘five month expectant’ looking tummy. Best not to discuss youthful looks when you’re not there anymore.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.. keep me young looking after all

1 comment:

  1. You hit that one good. I still feel young myself but the Birth certificate states I am!!

    ReplyDelete