Monday, February 2, 2009

Savor Sundays-Our Savior's Love


Although it is Monday, I want to give a brief mention of my feelings from Sunday. As I sat pondering what words of encouragement to share, the opening hymn for church was, "Our Savior's Love" by Edward L. Hart. I remember when it was first introduced to me in the 1970's how warm, accepted and guided it made me feel.

The opening line says, 'Our Savior's love shines like the sun with perfect light. As from above it breaks thru clouds of strife. Lighting our way, it leads us back into his sight. Where we may stay to share eternal life.' The photo shows the light just coming down the cliff and chasing away the darkness.

The past several days have been very clear, smog free and beautiful outside. What an exhilerating feeling, that winter (sorrow, burdens) will soon pass and spring (Hope) is on the way. I could just visualize it singing this verse, knowing that the Savior wants to help break thru our clouds of problems to light our way. If we let him, he will show us how to find peace.

"The Spirit voice of goodness, whispers to our hearts a better choice than evil's anguished cries. Loud may the sound of hope ring till all doubt departs, and we are bound to him by loving ties."

As we recognize His voice and turn to His call, our hearts will be comforted by choosing the right. We then feel a kinship to Christ and want to tie ourselves to Him. May you find peace & joy each day, too.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your post. I always feel very comforted. I am recently going through a big family feud. My family are not Christians. I posted a blog from a friend about positive thinking and it has started a war with my very arrogant brother in law. I use my blog just for thoughts and pictures for friends and family members. Any words of wisdom to help me throught the torment that my family always puts me through? I actually didn't even know they read it. Please help give me strength

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, you are terrific. I wss so excited to see someone was helped. You were my first commentator. Thanks for giving me courage. May you work out the family problems.

    ReplyDelete