Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday- Who, Why, What's for Dinner?


Some days I just can't think of what to fix for dinnner. Running out of time usually forces the brain to come up with an idea falling back on the basics like spagetti, baked potatoes, shepherd's pie and such. Remembering a soon to expire coupon, I'll subtly mention & sometimes even spring for the easy out.

Some women do a monthly calendar then shop to match the list. Other gals even go so far as to fix a month's worth of meals, date, label and freeze them ready to pull one out each day. Wow! I could never think that far in advance or remember to look in the ice box. When I did, it would be unrecognizable or eatable.

Running a day or two or even a minute ahead of schedule suits me just fine. Visualizing what's in the refrigerator as I pull up my mental list of choices for the goods on hand. Sometimes I'll lug out the recipe books to peruse the ingredients, if time permits. The key is to have versatile supplies, such as peppers, onions, lettuce, mushrooms, apples, salsa, rice, potatoes and so on. With these you can make almost anything, such as stir fry, omelets, salad and have it be healthy as well. It's sure to taste as good as my palate imagines it to be.

If it's just my tummy that needs filling, leftovers are the item of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment