Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday- Who, Why, When & Where


Somewhere in Time & The Way We Were are movies I recently ordered on our video program since none were coming. Checking to see why, all my top choices were new releases with long waits. Remembering some faves from years ago, I put them first.

How in love I was back then, with both Christopher Reeve and Robert Redford. Why couldn't my husband look and act like them? In fact I was the typical fan, falling for every love interest with the top billing. Harrison Ford, Richard Gere and such would keep me giddy for days. Even the oldies like Paul Newman, Tony Curtis and Cary Grant stole my heart.

I guess you're getting old when Leonardo Di Caprio, Christian Bell and the other young bucks just don't seem to have it. Maybe it's me with all the aches, pains, dyed hair and wrinkles that keeps the dream from taking off.

Allan, who is still here, somewhere taking all my crap, but returning again & again believing we still are the 'way we were', failing to remind me that we're not. Thanks, honey. 'In time, somewhere', we will be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment