Saturday, February 28, 2009

Insites & Sounds of Saturday-Success, I Guess


I once worked with a beautiful, hand & hair manicured, nicely dressed woman who drove a white Cadillac with a license plate saying,
‘SUCCESS’.
Yeah, I was jealous as I compared my family van, broken nails and unruly hair to hers. But when I discovered she worked 24/7, was the bread winner, her third husband was unemployed, her kids were out of control and she never smiled, I soon got over it. I felt sorry for her as she tried to sell her worn out, ‘no time to do anything with it’ home. She was nice and honest, but never had time for fun. Spending time with kids/grandkids is always remembered.

On the surface the grass often looks greener, until you dig down an inch or two. Remember, you see the other guy at his best, usually, not knowing his hang-ups. We look at ourselves completely, aware of all the baggage contained within.

When I dug deeper comparing my life with Ms. Success, I came out on top. I had a hard working hubby, good kids I spent time with, a nice home, was free to enjoy life and most of all, I smiled all the time. (85%) My 'SUCCESS' sign was written on my face in big letters: H E R E’ S J O Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment