Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sites & Sounds of Saturday-Say, I Love You


Sometimes we get so used to having our noses to the grindstone, keeping up with the kids and fulfilling the American Dream that we forget to stop and smell the roses. Coming and going, eating, sleeping and your basic needs get attention, but do we say, 'I love you' to our spouse, children or parents. Stopping to give a hug or kiss for extra measure, seals the moment.

If the intervals between these acknowledgements is too long, then it becomes harder and harder to do it. I remember as a teen becoming complacent about saying it to my mother. When noticing it had been long neglected , I had to make a concerted effort setting a time and place to perform. A similar thing happened not too long ago as I was mentally reminded by the Spirt to say, 'Hey Mom, I love you' adding a hug for extra measure. She lives alone and this special time goes a long way.

We usually give kudos departing each morning or at bedtime to our spouse and kids. Why be stingy. Share your love all day long, on the phone and especially when you've snapped at them for an infraction. I still have Jory, my son's, words of love on the answering machine, when he called from Chile on Mother's Day three years ago playing it whenever I'm feeling lonely or miss him.

Roses are red.
If your gone I'm blue.
A kiss and a hug,
Mean that I love you.

Get in the habit of sharing your love, hug or kiss every time you see them.
'Do it' every day, night and chance you get. Dont' forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment