Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thirsty Thursday-Task Overload





I'm always looking for the perfect gift to give the kids, but never find it or won't pay the price. Tired of the usual $1 store junk and wanting to get the grandkids something special for Valentine's, I decided to make 'Love Books' for each one. In them are pictures of their parents dating & wedding, mine also, baby photos of them & siblings. I looked for pictures with red or holiday colored clothes. In addition to that, are little games, word searches, and fun pages to make them more interesting. What I really created was multi task overload ala backache.

Fortunately there is a color copier at work, so the cost is minimal. Optimistic as usual, one day was my idea of completing the task, which has stretched to three no less. Finding the desired photos, shapes, positioning, more ideas, bigger project and so on has worn me out.

Brain overload has depleted my blogging abilities to nil. The beautiful books are completed and five are in the mail headed to my little love interests possibly missing the February 14th goal. They will make great quiet books for a month or two until my grandiose ideas sprout & grow into a bedtime storybook for each one. What one insane granny does for the sake of love. Please someone help me find the illusive ideal gift or shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment