Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sites & Sounds of Saturday -Sweet Spicy Hearts


I look forward to the sweetheart month when the sugar coated cinnamon heart gummy candies start showing up everywhere. I’m the first to purchase them & scoop up the last drop (discounted no less) after the 14th has come and gone. I ration them out, to last as long as possible.

They remind me of when I had that sweet temper that turned hot on a dime. It raged out of control on occasion when my hormones were riding high or got ticked off over nothing. I felt like such a creep afterward, sometimes apologizing or not. Often I blew up over dumb things like when the kids tracked up the floor just after I‘d mopped it or the time I turned the corner too fast & someone’s mug of pop dumped all over the car. I could go from sweet to hot in ten seconds. I got it from my Dad, throwing in a swear word or two for effect. Oh, how I wanted to bag it like candy, with a seal only a lock smith could open.

I got so I could ration anger out for those especially trying events. Once in a while I’d throw a plate or any item I was holding, to show I meant it, always regretting afterward. I don’t do it anymore. What happened? Well the kids grew up, for one thing. I really think it is because I started reading the scriptures daily. That regular dose of sweet subtle guidance from the Lord tempers my tantrums until they are gone, like candy from a craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment