Monday, February 23, 2009

Memories Monday Morning-Mades and Misses


Attitude makes a big difference in how we view life. Someone once said, "You determine your own attitude, when you don't allow outside forces to influence your actions or reactions." I didn't agree at first, but now know it really is true.

This week I missed seeing my mileage gauge turn over to 90,000. Years ago with another vehicle about to turn from 49,999.9, I parked 500 feet from home & walked just to make a big deal of it.
I Missed beating the road closure today at 1300 W & the train tracks. Leaving later than usual, they’d closed the road already requiring everyone to detour. I arrived late to work. Oops!
I Missed using the $25 Iggy’s gift card with it’s year time limit. That's one more fix it yourself & eat at home I could have avoided. Check yours.
Missed getting set up on ‘Bill pay with the bank’ had to use more checks, stamps & got a late fee, too. Dang!!
I made it with binoculars in hand, to see the many birds along the River Parkway, enjoyed the crystal clear sky 4 days last week & the sun shining through my office window when arriving at work. Spring is on its way.
I made it on time to the interesting lecture of Bonnie Cundiffe, Tabernacle organist, at our RS conference. I even invited some neighbors.
I made it through six green lights (out of eight total) one morning headed to work (YEAH!) & six red the next day (it figures).
I made it to Roberts using my 50% off coupon, got a great deal on cheese at the store, fixed a yummy dinner on the fly for my son, Jory & his sweet girlfriend and slept until 7am today. All in all, I’ve made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment