Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thoughts for a Thirsty Thursday –First Things First


My biological clock wakes me up between 4 & 5am everyday, whether I want to get up or not. Almost instantly my mind will begin to fill with the tasks to be done, like a sink with the water tap on. Getting up, I’ve made it a habit of reading scriptures & praying first before diving into the jobs to be done, taking advantage of those needed blessings. When I procrastinate these choice chores, the day will pass without this spiritual lift, so I make them a priority.

Yesterday, as I read, this thought kept coming to me over & over again, “Go get the bill you need to pay & set it out, now!” I couldn’t concentrate on my reading because of this nagging pressure.

As I considered following the demand, these quiet and peaceful words came into my mind, “Don’t worry about the bill, finish your reading & I will remind you about the bills later.” I chose the second voice and even fell back to sleep. Sure enough within five minutes of waking, He reminded me about the bill to be paid. In fact, I found another one I’d forgotten about.

I know now, if I obey the voice of the Holy Ghost attending to first things first, He will lead me with surety. I’ll ignore the nagging voice of the adversary dissuading away the best part of my day.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, you are right and what a wonderful way to put it.

    ReplyDelete