Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday: Where are You on Weed Whacking?-


Believe it or not, I love to pull weeds, especially after a storm when the ground’s soft and the job effortless. I could go from yard to yard assisting my neighbors with the chore. I feel like the giant in Jack & the Beanstalk as I grab hands full of the pesky greens ripping them from their homes as my pile grows. Wiping out white top, bind weed, burr buttercup and the likes makes me feel like a saint ridding the planet of the noxious gangs.

The weed whacker is too awkward for me to handle with my short legs although I see short men maneuver it with ease. Coordination may be my problem. Who’s teaching classes on the gangly tool? I’ll sign up.

Genesis 3:17, 19 & 23 ”cursed is the ground for thy sake…thorns also & thistles shall it bring forth to thee...the Lord sent Adam from the garden of Eden to till the ground from whence he was taken..”

Sometimes I’m pretty mad at Adam for eating the apple that Eve gave him, but we all wouldn’t be here either. Therefore, I weed when the weeding is good & rest from my labors for a spell, too.
Weed & Feed, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment