Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sites & Sounds of Saturday -Whom Shall I Serve?


Meals on Wheels food cart for Senior Citizens
Reading Books for 1st Graders

Don’t miss the opportunity to serve others even when you can’t think of what to do or who needs help. Four years ago I began taking Meals on Wheels to senior citizens. Getting to know these forgotten people is a choice experience, as I’ve visited them weekly. They don’t ask for much, just a friendly hello and an ear to listen.
Don’t stop there, because schools need your help, too, with no limit of things to do. I print, fold & staple the reading books for 1st & 2nd grades of a local school. That is 40,000 sheets or 80 reams of paper my company donates to these children for take home readers.
Veterans always need hand made cards. Some friends & I make holiday cards, taking them to the VA hospital to distribute to our heros.
Hospitals & shelters need comforters, stuffed animals & time spent showing love.
Boy (& Girl) Scouts working on their Eagle projects need supplies, money & support benefitting all.
Our neighbor needs us to take out or bring in their trash can, shovel their snow, pull their weeds or any number of things they cannot do today. This winter I loved shoveling the walk next door since they were sick and unable to do it.
Most of all, Thank you, to Mom’s neighbor for helping her.

No comments:

Post a Comment