Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesdays: Tried & True-Task Takeover X Two

PVC pipe shelfs to help keep things organized.

This is one of those events we only dream of, they never really happen.

On days I have to get a lot done, I make a ‘To Do’ list. Jobs to do, people to call, things to buy, etc. You know the drill. Sometimes I include my hubby on the list, with his very own ‘Tasks’. He’s good to take them down fast, while I languish with mine moving them from day to day until accomplished or forgotten. Often, they’re back on the top of the list with a star next to them, because they've become a priority all of a sudden. It doesn’t pay to procrastinate.

Saturday I heard Allan kicking around in the basement, knowing I had put ‘Clean Basement’ on my list. After waiting awhile, I went down to see what he was up to. Sure enough he was doing the job! Wow! I thought about offering to help, but why? How many times had I done it without his assistance? Besides, he would throw away the items that I couldn’t. Remember how our treasures are junk to others. Mine were being tossed out the window to be trucked away with a few of his. If I didn’t see them, it would be best. As Martha Stewart would say, “It’s a good thing.” If I want his help, I have to take it on his terms.

He took the dirty task of cleaning the basement & tossed out 25% more stuff than I would. That is definitely task takeover times two. Win, win!

No comments:

Post a Comment