Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tues: Tried&True- 'Tis The Luck o’ the Irish’


How lucky my PBS radio station, KBYU, has been playing Irish music via Fred Child's selections. I was on time to work, it's a warm clear day, my husband fixed breakfast, & we are having an authentic Corned Beef & Cabbage Potluck lunch at work. You can't get much luckier than that, unless you see a leprecaun.

I love holidays St Patrick’s, Valentines, Easter to decorate & celebrate.
I pull out all my red, green or pastel things & place them on the mantel, entry table, front door & such. You don’t have to buy new ones every year, just go through the house selecting everything that goes with the hue you need. Set them in a few focal areas to make a statement and wa la, you're there.

My super organized neighbor, Jody, always gets her decorations up first. I wondered how she could be so prompt. Instead of asking her, I started to replace my Halloween decorations with the Thanksgiving ones and so on thru Easter. It makes me look organized as well. Everything I look at takes on that color for awhile until the day passes. It's crazy.

Buy plates, napkins & such at the $1 store to give as gifts or use during the week to lift everyone’s spirits. Focus on buying things that have the color of the holiday instead of buying into the commercial candy only. For St Patty’s get green apples, grapes, veggies & such. Cover cans of nuts, tissues or make cards with paper to match the season. Everyone will think you are so clever.

Often plays, parades & parties are excellent things to do as well, at little expense. Just look in the entertainment section of the local paper to find out what’s going on for the week. Why not get into the action & find all your green, red or whatever colored clothing you have to play dress up games. The the kids & even adults love doing it, too. Remember to take pictures and enjoy life.

May you have 'the luck o the Irish' and see a rainbow at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment