Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday: Sacred for Sale

This is the Jordan River Temple. We have over 125 temples in the world.

I'm pretty cranky, upset and sad about a TV show that aired today, Sunday. I don't normally let these things get to me, but when it offends my beliefs I must say something. I didn't watch it but heard & read about it. Many of my friends encouraged me to write to the studios asking for removal or put a stop to the show.
I feel bad that I procrastinated too long and didn't voice my opinion.

I have the great privilege of calling myself a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ & in the Holy Ghost. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel."

This religion is based on the Church of Christ's day. Temples are an important part of this religion where we perform sacred ordinances. When they are portrayed for profit inappropriately to debase or make fun of the religion they represent, it hurts.

Please view the following address to get the correct reason why we have temples.
http://www.youtube.com/mormonmessages

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment