Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fri: Finally Four Family Graduates


That's correct! We now have four college graduates in the family, with our son walking in commencement today at UVU. He's been hired as a fourth grade teacher at a new school. A blessing since many are cutting jobs with the economy still sluggish. It feels wonderful that they have studied, sacrificed and stuck it out to completion. Not an easy task, but definitely a worthy goal.

When I hear the Pomp & Circumstance music it makes me wish I'd set my sights higher than an Associate Degree & should go back. I berate myself for not taking the initiative, using the excuse that my kids are more important, too busy, no money and so on. Well, what are you waiting for. I've heard of many much older than I am accomplishing the goal. Ten excuses come to mind, so I had better just do it or quit complaining.

President Thomas S. Monson was the speaker encouraging the grads to:

Glance Backward at how far they've come, remember who helped them get to where they are now and think of the road they're leaving behind.
Reach Outward to help others in their quest, giving service to others and contribute to the community.
Press Forward as they fulfill their future dreams and increase in knowledge and wisdom.

One speaker said, If you want food for a year plant corn. If you want it for ten years plant a tree & and you want it for a life time educate the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment