Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tues: Tried/True-Trimming & Thinning Theory

Measure your waistline. Take your blood pressure and begin. There’s more to it than this but, I need to watch the rest of the video & give you the second half another day.
According to a Dr Somebody, 80% of American’s diet or try to lose weight each year. We have an omentum inside our torsos (a thin fabric shield) that grows larger with fat or stays fairly thin depending on our lifestyle. It causes our cravings & controls when we eat & what we eat. The goal is to take charge of our lives and get off the ‘gotta have this’ band wagon.

We must do four things to keep ahead of the weight game.
1. Walk 30 minutes a day. Walk 30 minutes everyday! 30 minutes daily!!
2. Stop eating the whites (white flour, sugar, milk (boohoo) & so on). The good whites are fish, cauliflower, olive oil & egg whites.
3. Toss out all the bad stuff: Goodies, breads, sugar & all things bad for you. (Ouch, this is hard. Can I do this?)
4. Plan ahead with a set of things to eat: chopped veggies, fruits, grains, nuts ready to grab!

I was totally ready to get started, until I realized I love candy. How will I survive? Whoa, wait a minute, my hubby loves breads. He’s not buying into this great plan of being more appealing with a trimmer waist, replaced with muscle and me chasing him around the house. Does he know about these fringe benefits? Besides we only have nine weeks until Jory’s (our son) wedding.

That’s incentive enough, to get moving out the door right now, for the 30 minute walk! I’ll worry about the rest tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment