Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday: Walk w/Christ-Day 6: Day of Gratitude


Read- Psalms 50:14, Mosiah 24: 21-22 & 3 Nephi 10:10

Challenge today: When I feel the penny today, I will think of something new to be grateful for. What are my top 10 or can I think of 100?

There’s a story about a floral shop owner that makes arrangements containing only the thorny rose stems, but not the flower, for customers that've had debilitating trials. These displays remind them to think of how they've grown, survived and become stronger through their challenges in life.

Often we focus on the positive blessings & don’t consider our trials part of them. Looking at the prickly floral bouquet or any reminder of past troubles, helps us all to appreciate the good and hard times.

A poem by George Matheson reads:
My God, I have never thanked Thee for my thorn!
I have thanked Thee a thousand times for my roses,
But never once for my thorn.
Teach me the glory of the cross I bear, teach me the value of my thorns.
Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain.
Show me that my tears have made my rainbow.

Journal: What is my personal Gethsemane? Am I grateful for the obvious blessings & forget those that help me grow the most? Work at having gratitude in my heart for trials and thank the Lord for his help and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment