Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thurs.-Thwarting a Lion of Dandy Proportions


It's full blown dandelion season. Daily I'm spying a plant hiding out in my lawn and racing over to yank off the potential seed balls. Fields, roadways and unattended yards are full of the yellow buttons preparing to bubble up like a giant bottle of bubbles.

One year a neighbor down the street had a lawn full of them. We'd just sprayed & purged ours. I imagined my lawn covered in a white blanket from her neglected tops. I loaded up my mower, drove to her house and offered to mow them all down before it was too late. She let me, unaware of my ulterior motive.


If we had a dandelion tool, my hubby said he'd top them all. "Go buy one," I told him. He hates shopping. Spray is out, because we don't have that many. We're running out of time to beat the cursed plant.

As a child do you remember making dandelion necklaces, rings & bracelets or taking a bouquet in your grubby hand to grandmothers? Picking a white sheer ball of seeds & blowing them away was so much fun. Why can't we be that way now instead of worrying about manufacturing more little pests & just eat them. It's definitely green!!

Life is thwarting my desire to beat this dandy little weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment