Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sites, Sounds of Sat: Sing a Song of Sixpence


The birds are busy with their maiden calls, nest building and fancy flying trying to impress and attract a mate. After a long winter of quiet during my early morning walks, they entertained me by calling out to potential takers, last week. I whistled back but couldn't fool these fowl. Their songs could be heard from tree to tree, as they tried to one up their neighbor.

My 6 x 12 windows at work look out at brick one story building 200 feet away. Fifty plus birds lined up on the edge of that roof a few weeks ago waiting for their turn to impress the gals. I imagined each one judging who would best suit her needs for a mate and father, then flitting off for a speed date before making the big decision. Do they have featheredfriendsingles.com or fastflyinglovers.net for birds?

I spied magpies carrying branches flying to their prepare new homes. At least someone has a job in the building industry. Ducks paired up by the dozens looking their very smartest in black, white or brown. No wonder the guys are better looking, they have to get the gals to notice them. Otherwise, these fickle women would be off shopping, at the 'What a Woman Wants' show or singing a song of woe is me six pence.

It seems the love bug has caught the young single men as well. My son just got engaged & many of his friends, too. Best of luck to you gents this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment