Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wed-Walk w/Christ Day 10:Unconditional Acceptance


Read: Matt 5:44, Eph 4:20-32 (especially 31-32), Alama 41:14

Christ knows every single one of us! There is not anyone He doesn't love completely.

Challenge for day: In all you do & say try to share Christ-like love and acceptance. Do your best to be kind to everyone! It's easy to judge, much harder to love.

I was in a grocery store parking lot late one Saturday night walking to my car. A woman approached me carrying a bag of groceries that appeared to have used empty cereal boxes in it. She claimed she'd had all kinds of trouble and needed some money to get home, no one would help her. Normally I try to avoid getting into a compromised situation, but felt inclined to show love instead. I'd gotten $10 at the store to give to my college daughter, before she went back to school the next day.

Not knowing if the woman was telling the truth or not,I offered to take her home and gave her the money. She wouldn't allow me to take her directly to her home & instead walked between the trailers of the court I dropped her off at. What she needed the money for, doesn't matter. Deciding to help when I could have turned away, gave me an opportunity to serve unconditionally.

Journal: Never forget that we are loved unconditionally and in turn we must love our fellow man with the same love no matter who they are or what we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment